“St.Columba’s,Mullinalaghta GFC is located in north Longford on the borders of Cavan,a small rural Parish with just 11 townlands .It has a long proud tradition in Longford football since the Club’s formation in 1889.The Club’s first honour at Senior level was the Leader Cup final victory in 1945 and they went on to win 5 County League titles in a row between 1947 and 1951. St.Columba’s first Senior Championship victory was in 1948 and a second title was won in 1950 but few could have foreseen that it would take 66 long years before a Senior Championship would return to the “Laurels” as its Clubgrounds is affectionately known.St.Columbas successfully defended their title in 2017 in what was a really historic year for the Club as it won 4 Trophies –Senior Championship Senior League ,Leader Cup and Under 21 B Championship.
St.Columbas are very proud of their Club grounds which comprises Dressing Rooms,Gym,Kitchen,Main Pitch ,Training Pitch,Running/Walking track and are currently in the process of building a new Spectator stand .The Final piece of the “jigsaw ” was the installation of a magnificent scoreboard by FSL, a leading company for design and manufacture of electronic scoreboards with its superb LED Digital clarity. FSL staff were extremely professional in their dealings with our Club and were constantly available in helping us prepare ,install and operate our new scoreboard which is a source of great pride and will be of tremendous benefit to players and supporters in the years ahead.”
-Dan Mc Elligott
Back To News